Sunday, November 28, 2010

Quitting Smoking

I decided awhile back that it was time for me to quit smoking and that is why I have come back to my blog to write. I need a place to vent all my anxiety about quitting. Right now I get mad or upset i smoke. I get done eating I smoke. I smoke in my office while I work. After this last ear infection and upper respiratory infection my 2 year old got I really made the decision to quit. I could be the reason she gets sick. i feel like I am the reason because of my smoking. I signed up through work for a quit program that sent me nicotine gum and has a website called quitnet.com There is support there with people who just quit who have been quit for a short time and very long times.

This is officially the first time I have decided to quit just to quit. I quit when I went to boot camp I quit during both my pregnancies I can QUIT NOW!

I'm very anxious about it. And scared how I am going to be without smoking. I dont know what I am going to do with my hands or what I am going to do when i get the urge to smoke. I am scared I am going to gain weight because I will eat more just to quench my want for a smoke. Every nite I am going to get on here and vent my frustrations as I quit. I hear from folks at quitnet.com that they feel different as the days go on so I am going to post if I feel those differences.

Tomorrow is my Quit Day Well I guess tonite is I have one more cigarette to smoke and am resisting going to the store right now to get a pack of smokes just for a safety net. I keep telling myself I dont need the safety net, I DO NOT NEED IT. And hope I will make it.

Be back tomorrow nite.

No comments:

Post a Comment